Well, we've had a fun day so far of sightseeing. We started out early today, walking from our hotel thru the heart of the city, and heading to Insa-Dong, one of the big market areas where the streets are jam-packed with little stores and street vendors selling all kinds of authentic Korean items. It is a very fun area to walk around. This city is huge! There are little stores everywhere, in every little nook and cranny and down all kinds of little alleys, not to mention what is underground. Yes, there are underground shopping centers everywhere! One thing we have learned is that you have to watch out for people riding motorcycles and scooters on the sidewalks. They will be driving on the road, and then all of a sudden they will drive up on the sidewalk and start weaving in and out between the people on the crowded sidewalk. They all have things piled up high strapped onto the back of the motorcycle. We saw a man delivering cartons of eggs stacked up high on the motorcycle, another delivering the mail, and even a DHL delivery motorcycle. They look hilarious! We were not very adventurous with our eating today. We had lunch at Outback Steakhouse and stopped for coffee at a 3-story high Starbucks.
One of the funniest parts of the day was when we were walking thru the park and had 2 different groups of school girls run up to us. They were all giggling and excited to see us, they wanted to practice their English on us. One said they were "camping" and the other said they were on "picnic" in Seoul, which we assumed was like a field trip. They had school papers with them and wanted to ask us questions in English, then they also wanted us to write things for them in English. We felt like we were famous! They had cameras and each one of them wanted their own picture taken with us. It was hilarious!
Well, we're back at the hotel for a little break, having fun but also can't help but wishing it was time again to see Olivia. Miss you all and we love to read all your comments! Hope we are not boring you too much with all the details!


7 comments:
Hi guys...raining here again..not as bad as 2 weeks ago. Looks like things are going great. Tomi and I really enjoy checking out your blog.
We are praying for your time there and that you are getting the rest you need. Thanks for sharing your story with all of us.
Kevin and Tomi
Wow!! How amazing your trip has been! It brings happy tears to my eyes at how precious Olivia is!!! It is awesome to finally see the 3 of you together. Can't wait to see Luke and Grant with her too! Take care and enjoy the rest of your time there. Give Olivia a kiss for us! :)
Love,
Rachel
Hi from St. Louis
We love reading about everything you are doing in Seoul. Please post often! Olivia is so beautiful. What a wonderful gift for your family. We can't wait to meet her in person.
The Flowers
Aaron and Diane,
I am so excited that you guys are enjoying your trip and having so much fun. I am glad you are having good experiences. You will have alot to share with Olivia when she gets older. What a blessing to be able to explore her birth area and know more about it. I love the picture with the Korean girls, so did Molly, Molly says Hi but she is being shy. I tell you I love waking up in the morning and seeing and hearing all about your trip. Just think by time you get used to the time change there it will be time to come home and get used to it all over again. but oh well uh. it is all apart of the experience.
Love you guys
Jim, sherri, Molly, and Josh
Well, I'm going to try leaving you guys a comment again...thought I did last night, but I don't see it posted...not a techy person like Diane...I'm still amazed at this site you have created...it's totally awesome! We love seeing and reading about your trip...Olivia is sooooo cute and what a neat experience to sightsee and learn about their culture. Hope you have a wonderful weekend...look forward to your updates...I keep checking the site between tax returns! Can't wait to meet Olivia in person...everyone I show says how precious she looks...we're all so happy for you!
Love,
Carol, Dean, Ashley & Erica
Hey Aaron and Diane! We're so happy for you guys that you've finally gotten to meet your little girl...which by the way, I could not stop looking at those cute pictures last night, she's ADORABLE! Congratulations and it sounds like you are really enjoying your trip and anticipating the first "whole" day with little Olivia. Glad to hear things are going well and we're anxiously awaiting the arrival of the new little Karlas to Edwardsville. Love, Liz & Eric Rakers
Hi Aaron & Diane,,I have loved every minute of your blog and sent it to several of my friends who know you both and many of them have emailed me and told me they are so happy for you guys and that Olivia is so cute and looks so sweet. I can't wait to see her in person and hold her. She is the luckiest little girl in Korea to get you two for parents. We are all so happy for you all. Love to you and have a great time on the rest of this special trip. Stay safe. Love Aunt Kathy and Uncle Kenny
Post a Comment