We had another very full day today! We started by taking a taxi to Yoido Church, the largest Christian church in the world, having around 800,000 members. It was unbelievable how huge this church was, and I don't think there was 1 empty seat in the whole place! They gave us English headsets, and they had an amazing choir and orchestra. It was really neat to be hearing them sing familiar church songs in Korean!
From there we went back to City Hall, where we got on one of the City Bus Tours. It toured around the city, making stops at 31 of the main attractions in the city, and you could get on and off at whatever stops you wanted. There were some really neat stops, and we probably could have spent several hours at each of them, so, we just chose a few to get off at and we saw the rest just by driving by. Some of our favorites were the National Museum of Korea and the War Memorial of Korea (these were both huge museums) and also the Seoul Tower and Gyeongbokgung Palace. It was an absolutely beautiful day to be outside! The weather has been great for us, and all the trees and shrubs are just beginning to bloom -- very pretty! We walked back to the hotel after the last bus stop, and we are once again completely exhausted and ready for bed! Can't wait for tomorrow! We plan on getting to Eastern early and volunteering to rock and feed the babies in the nursery before we see Olivia at 4. Please pray that she doesn't cry much. It will be a tough day for her as well as for her foster mother. Grant and Luke, we love you lots and miss you!!!! Can't wait to see you soon!


4 comments:
Aaron and Diane,
I have tears in my eyes again, just being so excited that when you wake up tomorrow it will be the day that you finally get to take Olivia. I think about her foster mom alot and how hard it is going to be to let such a precious baby go, but she knows in her heart like all of us that is where Olivia belongs is with you. I saw Grant and luke and robin and steve at the soccer fields yesterday. It was really good to see them. They looked great. Can't wait to see you guys. Have fun holding and feeding the babies tomorrow that will be fun.
jim and sherri
Diane and Aaron-
Well, today is the day! I get tears in my eyes every time I see your pictures and think of what an awesome transition is about to take place for all of you. Olivia is so lucky! We will continue to pray that the day goes smoothly, as any change can be challenging. I think of Kinsley, now 7 months old, and how she is fine going to anyone as long as Brooke is not there. It is only natural for Olivia to cry when she leaves her Foster mom's arms, but the moment she is gone, Olivia will not have that tug to go back to her. She is young enough to adjust quickly. The car seat is ready, and so are we! Let me know if there is anything else you need. We can't wait to see you Tuesday!
Just checking your blog again before I get ready to go to bed, (third time today--don't want to miss anything!!) and realizing you'll be with Olivia in a few short hours!!! Keeping you in our prayers and wishing you the best for a smooth transition. Can't wait to hear more updates! You'll do great!!! Best of Luck!!!
Lots of Love,
Nancy
Hi to all of you. What a beautiful addition to this family!! I am so glad that the wait is now over for you. I knew it was hard for you to have to wait to pick Olivia up, but now that she is yours, I know you'll agree it was well worth the wait. Coming back from AZ last night, a little 9 month old girl was next to me and it made me think of you the whole time. She did good and I'm sure Olivia will do fine. We'll continue to pray for God's blessing for peaceful travel. Enjoy your visit with Janet.
Love you all,
Aunt Nan
Post a Comment